One month left to give feedback on the draft Plan for a Healthy Los Angeles
The Plan for a Healthy Los Angeles has been part of a series of community planning forums to get feedback from Angelenos on three initiatives that will shape the future of the city. The final community planning forum will take place in the Harbor on April 12, and we invite all Angelenos to participate and share their ideas around health, transportation, and zoning issues.
For those who weren’t able to attend any of the seven forums, the Plan for a Healthy Los Angeles would like to hear your ideas before the close of the 90-day public comment period on May 13. We are offering a survey (in English and Spanish) to get feedback on the city’s vision for health.
The short survey asks two basic questions around the plan’s six goals:
- What should the Plan for a Healthy Los Angeles prioritize? The proposed draft is organized around six goals: A City Built for Health, Bountiful Parks and Open Space, Food that Nourishes the Body and Soul, An Environment Where Life Thrives, Lifelong Opportunities for Learning and Prosperity, and Safe and Just Neighborhoods. For each of these topics, please help us pick the TOP TWO programs that should be prioritized as we develop the Plan for a Healthy Los Angeles implementation strategy.
- Is anything missing? If you think we are missing an innovative idea, have a program you want to suggest, or generally want to give us feedback, please help us fill in the blanks.
Survey participants will be entered into a raffle. The Plan for a Healthy Los Angeles will be giving away seven gift cards: four $25 cards, two for $50, and a grand prize of a $100.
Please share this survey widely with your networks and help us increase participation in making Los Angeles a healthier city. A copy of the draft Plan for a Healthy Los Angeles is available to download on the project website.
If you would like to give us additional feedback before the close of the 90-day public comment period on May 13, you can:
- Email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org (include your name, telephone, and contact information).
- Send your comments via mail to: Elizabeth Carvajal, Citywide Section, Department of City Planning, 200 N. Spring St., Room 667, Los Angeles, CA 90012 (include your name, telephone, and contact information).
- Or fax: (213) 978-1477 (include your name, telephone, and contact information).
Additionally, the draft Mobility Plan 2035 draft is also available for public review until May 13. Our survey does not include the Mobility Plan 2035, but please check their website for details on how to submit public comment.